Eating healthy will help you keep your sanity while anticipating the days of cooking in your new dream kitchen.
1. Maroni Cuisine – 18 Woodbine Ave, Northport – 631.757.4500
If you’ve never had a Maroni Hot Pot, you just have to try one! The gourmet meatballs and homemade sauce make it one of our favorite Italian restaurants.
2. Besito – 1516 Old Northern Blvd, Roslyn – 516.484.3001 or 402 New York Ave, Huntington – 631.549.0100
The whole family will love Besito’s authentic and fresh Mexican food. From fish tacos to enchiladas, there’s food for even pickier eaters. (Hint for mom and dad: They also have award winning margaritas).
3. Prime, An American Kitchen & Bar – 117 North New York Avenue, Huntington – 631.385.1515
While it may sounds like Prime is strictly a good steakhouse, we love to enjoy a seafood dinner during the summer months at this waterfront restaurant. There’s something for everyone at Prime, and definitely don’t miss out on dessert.
4. Barney’s – 315 Buckram Rd, Locust Valley – 516.671.6300
We love Barney’s cozy setting and French-American hybrid menu. Barney’s is ideal for date night as well, especially if you sit by the fireplace. We have had several Kitchen Designs holiday parties there and the chef is amazing!
5. Mosaic – 418 N Country Rd, St James – 631.584.2058
Mosaic offers 5-course chef-tastings that change all the time, which adds an element of surprise to your night out. We’ve never been disappointed, especially when paired with their extensive wine selection.
6. Rothmann’s Steakhouse- 6319 Northern Blvd, East Norwich – 516.922.2500
When Theodore Roosevelt, Jaqueline Kennedy, and Elizabeth Taylor have dined there, you know it must be good! Rothmann’s has a delicious and wide selection for dinner, and we love their brunch buffet for the whole family.
7. Toku – 2014 Northern Blvd, Manhasset – 516.627.7121
With it’s upscale Asian menu and modern setting, Toku is a really fun place to dine after a day at the Americana. From sushi to cooking your own steak on hot rocks, there’s plenty to choose from on their menu!
8. The Harvest on Fort Pond – 11 S Emery St., Montauk – 631.668.5574
Probably one of our favorite stops in Montauk is The Harvest with it’s views of the bay. On warmer nights, dine outside in the herb garden and catch the sunset while enjoying Montauk’s catch of the day and Italian-style cuisine.
9. Limani – 1043 Northern Boulevard, Roslyn – 516.869.8989
Limani’s food is absolutely delicious! Try the hummus and their Greek spreads to start and end with either their whole fresh fish or steak. Be sure to order a side of their Greek cheese fries. Yum! Limani is also great for a long Sunday brunch when you want more time to escape.
10. Kashi – Rockville Centre, Bellmore, Syosset, Huntington
If sushi and hibachi are your thing, then you will love Kashi’s modern Japanese food served in a night-club style setting. Everything they bring to the table is gorgeous including the serve ware. They also have restaurants in Rockville Centre (222 Sunrise Highway – 516.442.7600), Bellmore (2736 Merrick Rd – 516.590.7776), Syosset (343 Jericho Tpke – 516.864.0900), and Huntington (12 Elm St – 631.923.1960)