Happy 4th of July! I love this holiday because it connects all Americans with each other in a flash of tremendous gratitude. We are ready for another fourth of July party, are you? This is the perfect time of year to spend with family and friends enjoying delicious foods from the grill, refreshing drinks, and backyard games. Kan Jam is our new favorite. Here are a few ideas to make your outdoor grilling and entertaining memorable…
1. Treat Yourself with a Kalamazoo Artisan Fire Pizza Oven and Pizza Tools. There is nothing like making a backyard pizza. We love this oven and use it constantly throughout the summer – see ours. Sometimes we use it for fire ambiance when hanging out with friends. If you are on Long Island and want to rent one for a day, contact us. The cost is $500 for the weekend, which will be applied to the purchase price should you choose to buy one. It is so easy to use our kids even make the pizza. Available at our Kitchen Designs showroom.
2. Add a Hybrid Grill. In addition to stand alone units that cook with gas, charcoal and wood, Kalamazoo’s modular outdoor kitchen system includes more than 80 different units to choose from. In addition to grills and pizza ovens, they offer a broad selection of outdoor refrigeration and an extensive collection of weather-tight outdoor kitchen cabinetry. See the The Ultimate Outdoor Kitchen video at the bottom of this post to learn more. On display now at our Nassau County showroom.
3. Set the Table with Non-breakable Glasses and Dinnerware. I have a stack of melamine dinner plates that I have been using for years. Even outdoors, I prefer a real dish and silverware over paper and plastic. Available at Amazon (our affiliate) by Le Cadeaux.
4. Add a Fire Pit or Create Ambiance with a Tabletop Fire Pit. Build your own or buy one ready made. It is a great addition to your outdoor entertaining. Our kids love making s’mores and singing around the campfire with their guitars. From Outdoor GreatRoom Company.
5. Drink Dispensers Are Always a Nice Touch. Even a simple, inexpensive glass dispenser works well.
7. Make Refreshing Ice Tea With a Flash Chill Diffuser Pitcher. This is the one I use, and I love it. It is by Takeya. You can use loose tea or regular teabags to brew a whole pitcher.
8. Use Large Apothecary Jars for Serving Food. Large jars are great for serving fruit salads, green salads, cookies, and other foods on your buffet. The glass lids keep the bugs out. These are from Anchor Hocking.
10. Install an Outdoor Television. The weather in New York has been absolutely delightful. We have been watching the World Cup outside on our patio — very cozy.
Posted by Kelly in Lifestyle | Showroom locations: Kitchen Designs by Ken Kelly, Inc., 26 Hillside Avenue, Williston Park, NY 516-746-3435