The best outdoor kitchen design starts with a thorough evaluation of your outdoor cooking and outdoor entertaining needs. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you looking for an outdoor kitchen to use and enjoy for everyday meals, or is it more for weekends and special occasions?
- How many people do you want to be able to cook for?
- Do you want to do your prep work outside or just the grilling?
- Do you have space constraints or challenging obstructions to work around?
- Have you planned for adequate lighting?
- Do you wish to use the kitchen rain or shine? Do you need shelter? Are you going to be grilling in the winter months?
The outdoor kitchen design should compliment the architecture of the home and the landscape. The entire outdoor kitchen and entertaining space should be designed to functionally co-exist with dining areas, lounging areas, cooking areas and pool areas. We tend to think of these as outdoor rooms and consider the flow of traffic between each of these areas within the design.
Share your answers to the questions above with your designer, and be sure to visit our showrooms to get ideas. We have some of the very best outdoor grills, refrigerators, pizza ovens and stainless steel cabinetry on display. Our designers are dedicated to helping you with everything from a small outdoor kitchen island to the most challenging large-scale installation.
See the outdoor pizza oven video here in this post.
Posted by GKelly in Design, Outdoor Kitchens, Kalamazoo, How To’s, Products, Outdoor Living