Sometimes the best way to add artistic flair to your kitchen is finding the perfect barstool that balances style and comfort! In today’s kitchen seating roundup, we found 16 modern barstools made by various designers in a variety of price points to suit your budget.
1. The Knoll Bertoia Barstool: Design by Harry Bertoia, 1952. By Knoll. Harry Bertoia’s 1952 experiment bending metal rods into practical art produced a revered collection of seating, including this Barstool.
2. Navy® Collection chairs by Emeco: The tallest of the classic Navy® chairs with all the style and staying power of that beloved silhouette. Select with or without arms in Hand Brushed or Hand Polished finish.
3. Black Space High Stool: Design by Signe Bindslev Henriksen and Peter Bundgaard Rützou of Space. Made in India for Mater and handcrafted in a small carpentry shop in the Jaipur province.
4. Cherner Stool: The molded plywood stools by Norman Cherner are still regarded as one of the most dramatic designs utilizing the technology of molding plywood. The seat and back are made of laminated plywood of graduated thickness, from 15 plys to 5 plys at the perimeter; a single shell connected by a slim, yet sturdy waist. Slender laminated legs and a chrome footrest complete the elegant design. Comes in a variety of finishes.
5. X-Treme-B Bar Chair: This puts a form fitting wave atop a stable chrome column for the perfect pedestal seat that is ready to bring together any bar area with its clean modern presence. . Comes in black, white, and transparent orange.
6. Rivet Punk-P Adjustable Barstool: Made in Italy by Green Srl. The Rivet Punk-P Adjustable Barstool has a sculptural chromed pedestal that is enriched by an elegant leather seat with gas-assisted adjustable lift. Available in twelve leather options.
7. Perch Counter Stool: Room B’s clean and modern design aesthetic has produced a stylish classic in Perch. Encompassing qualities of traditional craftsmanship yet captivating a contemporary aesthetic, the seat and main post are made from solid hardwood turned on a wood lathe. They are mounted to a steel base, designed by Brian Buchik.
8. Magis Bombo Adjustable Barstool: Quintessential sleek Italian design, the iconic Bombo swivel barstool. The base is made of chromed steel with a standard injection-molded ABS seat available in Grey Anthracite or White. Height is adjustable with the assistance of a gas piston. Select White, Grey Anthracite or Aluminum.
9. Le Spighe Bar Stool: The Le Spighe Barstool is a revolving barstool available in three fixed heights as well as an adjustable height version. The Le Spighe is designed with a footrest that projects out from the seat, and the soft, leather disk of the seat seems to float above the wooden structure which also serves as the back. Designed by Claudio Silvestrin Manufactured by Poltrona Frau.
10. Saler Stool: Made of anodized aluminum and white polyethylene. Available in two height options and additional color options. Designed by José A. Gandía-Blasco, Manufactured by Gandia Blasco.
11. The Artek Pirkka Barstool: Made of soft pine and solid birch, the Pirkka offers a clean Scandinavian look.
12. The Blu Dot Knicker Barstool: This stool offers the best of not just two, but 3 worlds–wood, fabric (or leather) and steel. The delicate shift from a cushioned fabric or leather alternative seat to sturdy wooden legs gives this seat a detailed feel.
13. Equino Leatherette Barstool With Steel Frame And Lift: A washable leatherette seat boasts a chrome steel frame and adjustable lift from counter to bar height. Choose from red, black, or white to compliment your kitchen.
14. Conrad Barstool: An outstanding upholstered seat is supported by sleek, streamlined legs to form the grand Conrad barstool. Luxuriously made from beige linen and eco-friendly parawood in a natural finish.
15. Arden Leather Bar Stool: An American-made upholstered furniture. Beautiful in a contemporary or traditional kitchen.
16. Normandy Leather Campaign Bar Stool: American-made upholstered furniture. The Normandy leather stool, shown in photo above in aristocrat chocolate with topstitch detailing. The unique curve of its arms and back complements sleek tapered wood legs boasting a decorative box stretcher and foot rest.